Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mail app doesn't work

i can't login to mail app.

it says: choose your email provide and than i click to the icloud and than i enter my email and my password. after that nothing happens. it doesn't go in.

when i choose gmail it sends me to the gmail website and when i enter everything and than it sends me back to the mail app. and nothing again. nothing happens

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 6:22 AM

Hello Asimo_robot,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you're unable to add your email accounts to the Apple Mail app. We'd like to help!

For help with adding your iCloud account to the Apple Mail app check out the steps in the article below.

Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices

Also, check the iCloud.com website to see if you're able to send and receive mail. Follow the steps provided in the article below.

Use Mail on iCloud.com

The article that you came from, If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, does give steps for not being able to add an email account. These steps would be helpful for the Gmail account.

"Contact your email provider or system administrator

1. Contact your email provider or check their status webpage to see if there's a service outage. 
  2. Ask your email provider or system administrator if you turned on any security features or restrictions, like two-step verification, for your email account. You might need a special password or may need to request authorization from your email provider to send and receive email on your device.
  3. Check your email account settings with your email provider or system administrator to make sure that they're correct."

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 6:22 AM in response to Asimo_robot

Hello Asimo_robot,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you're unable to add your email accounts to the Apple Mail app. We'd like to help!

For help with adding your iCloud account to the Apple Mail app check out the steps in the article below.

Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices

Also, check the iCloud.com website to see if you're able to send and receive mail. Follow the steps provided in the article below.

Use Mail on iCloud.com

The article that you came from, If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, does give steps for not being able to add an email account. These steps would be helpful for the Gmail account.

"Contact your email provider or system administrator

1. Contact your email provider or check their status webpage to see if there's a service outage. 
  2. Ask your email provider or system administrator if you turned on any security features or restrictions, like two-step verification, for your email account. You might need a special password or may need to request authorization from your email provider to send and receive email on your device.
  3. Check your email account settings with your email provider or system administrator to make sure that they're correct."

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

my mail app doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.