You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15 Smart Stack Problem

Hi all, after recently updating to IOS15 I decided to add a smart stack to my home screen for mail and calendars. This functions fine for a few days but then the mail seems to get stuck and doesn't update until I shutdown and reboot my phone.

Anyone else noticing this problem, any suggestions?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 2:18 AM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2021 6:48 AM in response to christianlewis

Hi there christianlewis,

Smart Stack is a great function, and you're in the right place for help. As we understand it, you're finding that the Mail doesn't update on the widget you created. Is that right?

To double-check, are you running iOS 15.1 under Settings > General > About?

Also, are the contents of the Mail app itself updating as expected?

Have you tried removing and re-creating the Smart Stack widget? If not, give that a try and keep an eye on it to see if that helps: Use widgets on your iPhone and iPod touch

Best wishes.

Nov 21, 2021 9:53 AM in response to ryane77

Hi, yes running latest iOS 15.1

As I said in my previous message at some random point the content in the stack doesn't update, if I click on it it goes into the mail app as expected but the stack stays on whatever email is current when it gets stuck.

I have tried to remove the mail widget and re-add it but then it shows no email detail (see image)

Again the only thing that fixes this is rebooting the iPhone 😒

IOS 15 Smart Stack Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.