Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sync desktop between Macs

Hi, I just received a new MacBook Pro 2021.

I would like to sync desktop directories/files with the other two macs (MacBook pro 2016, iMac 2019 they are synced through iCloud).

I followed this link (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206985) and waited over an hour. However, files are not showing up in the new MBP. Perhaps I missed something? Could you please help me with this problem?

( I updated all of the machines to the most recent os version)

Many thanks!!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 8:39 AM

The support article details all the steps to take. Ensure that your new device is using the same Apple ID as the others. The initial sync may take some time depending on what is being synchronized. You may wish to restart the laptop, leave it plugged in, and walk away for a bit. You may be able to "force" a change by created a new temporary folder on your new MacBook. Sometimes that will start the process.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2021 8:39 AM in response to LDNresearcher

The support article details all the steps to take. Ensure that your new device is using the same Apple ID as the others. The initial sync may take some time depending on what is being synchronized. You may wish to restart the laptop, leave it plugged in, and walk away for a bit. You may be able to "force" a change by created a new temporary folder on your new MacBook. Sometimes that will start the process.

iCloud sync desktop between Macs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.