Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Internet Account Authentication Failed "Please try again later"

Hi. Just updated my Mac Pro (Late 2013) to Big Sur (11.6.1) and it started asking for authentication to my Google account (already in Internet Accounts). BUT every time I follow the requested steps and click 'Open Browser' it immediately comes up with "Authentication Failed. Failed to authenticate with Google. Please try again later."

• I have searched the many posts on the community. No apparent answers.
  • I have tried tethering through my iPhone XS to be on a different network. Nope.
  • I have tried all kinds of other options and restarting many, many, many times. Nothing.
  • I have checked my Google account. Turned off Two-factor authentication (as recommended by some here). Nope.
  • Had been working absolutely fine for many years of using MacOS prior to this. Never had this issue.

Please can anyone help??? Really need my Google account info on my Mac but Big Sur has broken it!

Mac Pro

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 12:17 PM

Hi vf_productions,

I suspect (though am not wholly sure) that the best approach here, would be to remove an individual account and then, add it back, following the recommended process.

If that works for the one account and you don't have issues, do so for all your other accounts.

As an aside, I have six entries in my Internet Accounts: 1 iCloud and 5 separate Google Mail, etc., accounts. I have experienced similar issues to yours back using Big Sur and it took the above instructions to resolve it.

Good luck and if you need further help, please post back.

Cheers,

Anthony

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2021 12:17 PM in response to vf_productions

Hi vf_productions,

I suspect (though am not wholly sure) that the best approach here, would be to remove an individual account and then, add it back, following the recommended process.

If that works for the one account and you don't have issues, do so for all your other accounts.

As an aside, I have six entries in my Internet Accounts: 1 iCloud and 5 separate Google Mail, etc., accounts. I have experienced similar issues to yours back using Big Sur and it took the above instructions to resolve it.

Good luck and if you need further help, please post back.

Cheers,

Anthony

Google Internet Account Authentication Failed "Please try again later"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.