Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When are we going to see cellular Watch support in Croatia?

Hi guys!

Here in Croatia we have two mobile network providers (A1 and T-Mobile) that have it Apple Watch support worldwide (the latter one is even a wholesale Apple distributor for the Europe), but we still don't have cellular data plans/options ever since the Watch first launched.

What needs to happen in order for this to finally materialized and we get cellular data plan for the Watch series?

Thank you!

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 10:47 AM

7 replies

Dec 9, 2021 2:34 PM in response to MatthewAsks

2 separate cellular devices, as identified by their IMEI number, both ringing for the same telephone number. In this case the iPhone's telephone number.

Whether the cellular provider assigns a bookkeeping number to the Apple Watch or not, does not matter, as the iPhone's phone number is used for both devices.

IMEI number can be found on the iPhone -> Settings -> General -> About, scroll down. You will find the Apple Watch IMEI number at a similar location on the Apple Watch -> Settings -> General -> About

Dec 9, 2021 2:45 PM in response to MatthewAsks

I'm sure there are conversations between carriers and Apple, if nothing else what are the specifics for setting up the eSIM. And many carriers also sell the Apple Watch, so there must be an agreement on that. Whether or not the carrier needs to have Apple permission to offer Apple Watch service I do not know.

NOTE: One of the features the carrier must support is VoIP for telephone calls, as the Apple Watch only does LTE data, not voice. The telephone calls are Voice over IP, or basically an Internet call, and not a traditional cellular call.

Dec 9, 2021 2:59 PM in response to BobHarris

I’m familiar with VoLTE, yes, but it didn’t cross my mind for this case that It could be a technical hurdle.

I’ve actually contacted both T-Mobile (which is one of the largest distributor/reseller of Apple products in Croatia and Europe) and A1, as well as Apple, but I just can’t get a concrete answer and how to push this forward.

There’s definitely reasons to do it market-wise, as well as fulfilled technical predispositions, but nobody can exactly put their finger on it and say clearly what’s holding it down and to whom to communicate it with.

Dec 3, 2021 2:01 AM in response to MatthewAsks

The Apple watch will be supported when your network providers decide to support number sharing,is they who you should be asking this question.

When are we going to see cellular Watch support in Croatia?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.