Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login as "Noname" after installing Macosx Big Sur

I stopped using a 2016 macbook pro and was going to sell it. I wiped it of data and reinstalled Big Sur. Unfortunately, I left the laptop to sit for several months and I think the battery went flat. Now when I try to start it up, it wants me to log in as "Noname" and I don't know what the password is. I have no data I want to keep, but can't work out how to login or create a new admin account. I've tried all sorts of restart sequences, but it always wants me to log in as "Noname".

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 1:51 PM

dougtas wrote:

I stopped using a 2016 macbook pro and was going to sell it. I wiped it of data and reinstalled Big Sur. Unfortunately, I left the laptop to sit for several months and I think the battery went flat. Now when I try to start it up, it wants me to log in as "Noname" and I don't know what the password is. I have no data I want to keep, but can't work out how to login or create a new admin account. I've tried all sorts of restart sequences, but it always wants me to log in as "Noname".

See if there is anything here—

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2021 1:51 PM in response to dougtas

dougtas wrote:

See if there is anything here—

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Cannot login as "Noname" after installing Macosx Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.