Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic keyboard for IPad randomly loses typing ability.

I have had this issue off and on for a long time now. This is for 2020 iPad Pro 11 inch and magic keyboard. I have already tried all the standard trouble shooting restarts etc. I really believe this is a software issue. After updating to IPad Os 15 it seemed to work fine. then after 15.1 it came back with a vengeance. The only solution has been to close the lid or some times turn the screen off. This is frustrating because it is very disruptive to my work flow. Anyone else figure out a fix for this? Again please do not respond with the usual scripted trouble shooting. That does not work.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 11:58 AM

Hi Bourbaki77,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues with your Magic keyboard, here are links to help:

Pair Magic Keyboard with iPad - Apple Support

Attach Magic Keyboard for iPad (with built-in trackpad) - Apple Support

If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

If you have already tried all these steps, since you mentioned things you have already tried, contact Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 11:58 AM in response to Bourbaki77

Hi Bourbaki77,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues with your Magic keyboard, here are links to help:

Pair Magic Keyboard with iPad - Apple Support

Attach Magic Keyboard for iPad (with built-in trackpad) - Apple Support

If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

If you have already tried all these steps, since you mentioned things you have already tried, contact Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

Magic keyboard for IPad randomly loses typing ability.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.