Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing to iMovie and it's putting a filter on all movies

When I import a clip into imove, its putting a white filter on every video. Why is this happening? I've never used iMovie on this Mac, only on my iPhone. I'm using my new iPhone 13 Pro. to film Most movies were on "cinema" mode.

I already tried deleting iMovie preferences, that didn't work. I also tried changing the pixels on the movies (as in another forum said to do) but that doesn't work. What else could it be? I'm stressing because I have to have these put together for a presentation in a few days.

Thanks for any help!

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 3:46 PM

The brightness may be happening because your iMovie for Mac does not yet support the HDR (High Dynamic Range) video format that you are exporting from your iPhone 14. It causes it to be very bright. To fix the problem, go to your iPhone

video settings and switch out of HDR. I believe that you can also opt out of HDR when you transfer your video from iPhone to Mac using Air Drop.

Take a look at this thread for more information:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251960895?answerId=254327409022&login=true

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 3:46 PM in response to mindi50

The brightness may be happening because your iMovie for Mac does not yet support the HDR (High Dynamic Range) video format that you are exporting from your iPhone 14. It causes it to be very bright. To fix the problem, go to your iPhone

video settings and switch out of HDR. I believe that you can also opt out of HDR when you transfer your video from iPhone to Mac using Air Drop.

Take a look at this thread for more information:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251960895?answerId=254327409022&login=true

-- Rich

Importing to iMovie and it's putting a filter on all movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.