Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio only sounds correct from the Apple TV+ channel

When I watch something on Apple TV+ channel my 5:1 surround sound system works great. But any other app I use I only get sound from right speaker. I have looked at settings and all looks good. Ideas?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 5:36 AM

Found the solution and it had nothing to do with the Apple TV unit. My receiver/amp has a setting on the remote to change the speaker config, it was set on some strange setting, changed it to MOVIE setting and I now have correct sound from all the correct speakers on my 5:1 system. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 5:36 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Found the solution and it had nothing to do with the Apple TV unit. My receiver/amp has a setting on the remote to change the speaker config, it was set on some strange setting, changed it to MOVIE setting and I now have correct sound from all the correct speakers on my 5:1 system. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Nov 16, 2021 11:50 AM in response to ctphoto1

Hello ctphoto1,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with sound only working on the right speaker in various apps. If you haven't already, restart your Apple TV and surround sound system to see if fresh connections help: Restart Apple TV

If that doesn't help, see if calibrating does: Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home

If the behavior continues, we recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of the surround sound system you're using to have them look into this with you too.

Thanks, and take care.

Audio only sounds correct from the Apple TV+ channel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.