Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Tv Problem

Hi Guys ,

I own an Apple tv 4k 2021 and I am facing an issue connected to the audio channels ,

How I detect the issue ? I download YouTube and I search for " audio channels test "

My setup is sound bar (Klipsch Cinema 600) connected to my TV (Sony X900F) ARC port ,

So my Problem ----> I Play the video on YouTube "Audio channels test" and I can hear the left channel

But the right I can't AND the worst is over Apple music app

I Play the song of "Doja cat - Get Into It" and there I can notice the issue clearly

Please I would like to ask everyone to test and to share the results with me .

Thank you for your time , have a nice day : )

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:41 AM

ARC has a bandwidth of about 1 Mbps in the return channel direction, not enough for Auto PCM Multichannel. Unsupported settings may result in unexpected output. Instead, use the Audio Format Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo setting on Apple TV.

Adjust other audio settings - Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 7:41 AM in response to NayefKurzum

ARC has a bandwidth of about 1 Mbps in the return channel direction, not enough for Auto PCM Multichannel. Unsupported settings may result in unexpected output. Instead, use the Audio Format Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo setting on Apple TV.

Adjust other audio settings - Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Oct 25, 2021 5:14 AM in response to NayefKurzum

could I ask for a favor , can you play on your apple tv 4k 2021 Youtube channels test right and left
and please update me with the results ?

I have an Apple TV 4K 2017, not the 2021 model.

I tried to find the YT video, but I get many results when using those search keywords. You have to be more precise.

Doja Cat - Get into it played fine in stereo.

#Stereo: Left and right stereo sound test - MasterStudy played fine in stereo.

Apple Tv Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.