Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to print file. File is corrupt.

When I try to print from Preview files that I've created, my HP says "Unable to print file. File is corrupt." I can turn it off and on and get it to print 1-3 pages of the file, but then have to turn it off and on again to get 3 more pages to print in a Preview file that I've created, and then do it again to get 3 more to print. But, if I have downloaded a file from our website in Preview, the whole thing prints. Or, if I print in PDF or Word, the whole thing prints. It only gives me a hard time when I print from a Preview file that I've created. For example, if I've saved a webpage as a PDF and opened it in Preview, it won't print until I turn the printer off and on again. Why does the printer differentiate files I've created from files I've downloaded? 

MacBook, 11.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 3:13 PM

Please do the following in this order:

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

1 reply

Unable to print file. File is corrupt.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.