Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail view has changed, missing the e-mail list

Mac Mail has changed. I have the sidebar, but the next column with the list of e-mails is missing. The e-mails are written on the right. How can I get the middle column with the list of all the e-mails?

MacBook Air, Catalina

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:34 AM

cpPuUNwv wrote:

Mac Mail has changed. I have the sidebar, but the next column with the list of e-mails is missing. The e-mails are written on the right. How can I get the middle column with the list of all the e-mails?
MacBook Air, Catalina

A screen shot would help clarify what you are seeing or not seeing...?

use the image icon to attach

If this is the missing column grab the divider with your mouse and drag it one way or the other

or

From Mail> View> make changes here—> Preview(?), Column view(?) , Show sidebar(?), etc...

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 7:34 AM in response to cpPuUNwv

cpPuUNwv wrote:

MacBook Air, Catalina

A screen shot would help clarify what you are seeing or not seeing...?

use the image icon to attach

If this is the missing column grab the divider with your mouse and drag it one way or the other

or

From Mail> View> make changes here—> Preview(?), Column view(?) , Show sidebar(?), etc...

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Nov 15, 2021 8:17 PM in response to cpPuUNwv

cpPuUNwv Said:

"Mac Mail view has changed, missing the e-mail list: Mac Mail has changed. I have the sidebar, but the next column with the list of e-mails is missing. The e-mails are written on the right. How can I get the middle column with the list of all the e-mails? MacBook Air, Catalina"

-------

Expand the Mailbox List:

Click the "greater than" symbol to expand it all.

Screenshot:

Mac Mail view has changed, missing the e-mail list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.