Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Sidebar is missing several items

I have been using Apple mail from its birth. After installing Catalina, the sidebar was rearranged and several of the icons and features disappeared. Most important of those is that there is no junk mail access for my primary email accounts. I would like to know if there is a way to configure the sidebar to my liking.

I don't know why an interface that worked so well required changes, and I don't particularly like what has been done.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 9:59 AM

You might have multiple causes for this, each of which may have a unique solution.

For instance, for Junk Mail filtering, have you checked the Mail Preferences, select Junk Mail, and made sure that Enable Junk Mail Filtering is activated? You can almost adjust some other options there to see if they help. In particular, if it is already on, trying turning it off, quit Mail, even restart the computer, then turn it back on. There is also a button to "Reset ..." in the Junk Mail preference but I have never used that and don't know what it does, but it might be worth trying if nothing else has helped.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 9:59 AM in response to Kyosaku2

You might have multiple causes for this, each of which may have a unique solution.

For instance, for Junk Mail filtering, have you checked the Mail Preferences, select Junk Mail, and made sure that Enable Junk Mail Filtering is activated? You can almost adjust some other options there to see if they help. In particular, if it is already on, trying turning it off, quit Mail, even restart the computer, then turn it back on. There is also a button to "Reset ..." in the Junk Mail preference but I have never used that and don't know what it does, but it might be worth trying if nothing else has helped.

Mail Sidebar is missing several items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.