Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i update the latest Safari on my 2009 Mac?

Can I install the latest Safari Update on a late 2009 Model MAC?

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 11:07 AM

No you can not. Since Safari is installed as part of the Mac's operating system and which OS you can install depends on the year and model of the Mac, if you can upgrade the OS, Safari will also be upgraded but not to the most current version. Safari normally is not able to be individually installed. If you have problems accessing some web sites, the solution is to use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. They normally work just fine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 11:07 AM in response to Houndsb14

No you can not. Since Safari is installed as part of the Mac's operating system and which OS you can install depends on the year and model of the Mac, if you can upgrade the OS, Safari will also be upgraded but not to the most current version. Safari normally is not able to be individually installed. If you have problems accessing some web sites, the solution is to use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. They normally work just fine.

can i update the latest Safari on my 2009 Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.