Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You are currently sharing your location from iPad (I don't have an iPad!)

So I bought an iPhone 13 from Apple's official website and set it up using my Apple ID. The only other devices using the same ID are my work phone and Macbook Pro (confirmed it in Settings).

I got a text from my bank and randomly happened to tap the sender's name. On the sender's info page, after options Send my Current Location and Share My Location, it said below the name: You are currently sharing your location from "iPad". Share from this device...

I quickly tapped Share from this device so that message is no longer there.

But what I fail to understand is why it showed that message in the first place? I had an iPad several months ago but I'd reset that to factory settings TWICE and then sold it to someone else. And the Settings page also doesn't show any other devices linked to the same Apple ID.

It's a new phone so I got a bit thrown off. And I just wanna make sure everything’s okay with my phone.

A bug or something?

I checked my work iPhone and funnily it shows the same message (screenshot attached).

Why's that so and what's wrong here? Any inputs/experiences would be helpful.

Thanks!

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 4:23 AM

3 replies

You are currently sharing your location from iPad (I don't have an iPad!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.