Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I remove my photos from the iPhone where will they go? On this MAC or iCloud?

If I remove my photos from my iPhone where will they go? On the MAC or iCloud?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 8:00 AM

If you sync photos to iCloud and you remove them from any device that syncs to iCloud (such as your phone) they will be removed from iCloud and all other devices. iCloud is a syncing service, not an archiving service. If you want to remove them from your phone you need to archive them with a service that supports archiving, such as Google Photos, Amazon Photos, Dropbox, etc, or transfer them to folders on your computer (and not to iCloud Photos on your computer).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 8:00 AM in response to mrod98

If you sync photos to iCloud and you remove them from any device that syncs to iCloud (such as your phone) they will be removed from iCloud and all other devices. iCloud is a syncing service, not an archiving service. If you want to remove them from your phone you need to archive them with a service that supports archiving, such as Google Photos, Amazon Photos, Dropbox, etc, or transfer them to folders on your computer (and not to iCloud Photos on your computer).

if I remove my photos from the iPhone where will they go? On this MAC or iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.