Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey disables System Integration Protection ??

Monterey disables System Integration Protection ?? My wife upgraded recently her MBP to Monterey. Mail crashed due to unknown reason after a new mail account setup and we got a crash report which has been sent to this ASC for help. But this is a different question.

I was surprised to see in the first lines of the report that SIP was disabled.

Used terminal to check with csrutil status and it was disabled toghether with other disabled functions.

No idea why or even if the SIP was always disabled from the beginning of this MBP or if Monterey disabled it.

The MBP was alway in very good and healthy conditions. It has only "normal" Apps installed, Apple Apps MSOffice, nothing strange.

Sure my wife has not the knowledge to play with Terminal and even myself I know about SIP only after a recent help in ASC which helped me to remove a file from trash.

I enabled SIP again but I would like to know why it happened. Or does Monterey need to disable SIP ?

Is it right to reenable SIP ?

Thanks for your suggestions and explanation

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 9:11 AM

i don't understand why SIP would be disabled. i do not believe it had anything to with the upgrade to monterey. my SIP was intact. i didn't check it after i upgraded. i checked it just now before replying. that said, yes you were correct in re-enabling it. i would never recommend running your mac without SIP enabled.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 9:11 AM in response to WALTER-MILANO-ITALY

i don't understand why SIP would be disabled. i do not believe it had anything to with the upgrade to monterey. my SIP was intact. i didn't check it after i upgraded. i checked it just now before replying. that said, yes you were correct in re-enabling it. i would never recommend running your mac without SIP enabled.

Monterey disables System Integration Protection ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.