Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail a Password Protected PDF - OS Monterey

Using Preview v 11.0, I password protected a file & saved it. Using Mail v 15.0, I attached the file, but the document did not appear. However, I clicked in the area where the file should be, it was obvious something was there. Has anyone else had this problem?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 9:43 AM

It's not a problem. The file cannot display as it is password protected. Your Mac is just trying to give you a preview of the contents. When the document is sent, it will be attached to the email and can be opened with the password.

3 replies

Nov 16, 2021 5:32 PM in response to muguy

In my opinion it is a bug. I understand that it cannot display the document itself because it is password protected, that's obvious. But the PDF icon should display so the user can be assured that the document is in fact attached. The "sent" version of the email does contain the PDF icon with the name of the file below it. Hopefully, Apple will see my query and fix. Thanks for your feedback though

Mail a Password Protected PDF - OS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.