Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro massively dimming in sunlight.

Ever since an update a few months after the iPhone 12 came out, my 12 Pro brightness decreases by at least 50% when there’s sunlight, even if the sun isn’t directly hitting it. It’s a huge drop in brightness. Meanwhile, the brightness slider still shows that I’m at max brightness. Then, when I get out of the sun, the screen shoots back to it’s normal brightness. I have every setting regarding brightness (True Tone, auto-adjust, etc…) turned off, so please, don’t suggest that. I’ve read tons of threads on this issue and Apple seems to completely misunderstand what is happening. This has nothing to do with any settings. It is a defect in either your hardware or software, and it’s not just my phone, because a lot of other people have reported this. I’ve been dealing with it for almost a full year, and Apple has yet to do anything about it. Just to reiterate, my phone is showing that I have max brightness set, but the screen massively drops brightness when in sunlight, which is when I need it to be at it’s brightest, because it’s almost completely unreadable in sunlight.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 11:35 AM

You are not writing Apple, so when you say it is a defect in our software or hardware, we are all users on this user to only forum and none of us had anything to do with designing the hardware or software on your iPhone.

Use the Get Support button at the top of this page or visit your Apple Store Genius Bar for help.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 11:35 AM in response to FrostOne

You are not writing Apple, so when you say it is a defect in our software or hardware, we are all users on this user to only forum and none of us had anything to do with designing the hardware or software on your iPhone.

Use the Get Support button at the top of this page or visit your Apple Store Genius Bar for help.

iPhone 12 Pro massively dimming in sunlight.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.