Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Message Alerts on iPhone with Watch Paired

There has got to be a way to get instant message alerts on my iPhone when my watch is paired. All I get is a tiny, barely audible beep on my watch, instead of the long, loud alert i've chosen on my phone to repeat 10 times. Does anyone know how to get this to work like it should? Surely this can't be the way it's meant to function.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 1:38 PM

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 1:38 PM in response to sydsho

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

No Message Alerts on iPhone with Watch Paired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.