Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving text alerts on iPhone 12

Good morning, I recently got the Apple Watch Series 8 and am no longer receiving text alerts on my iPhone 12. If I happen to look at my phone I’ll see something came through, but I need to hear it on the phone. My Apple Watch would vibrate when something came through but I want normal notifications on my phone. I tried turning off the message notifications on the watch but that didn’t seem to help. Any suggestions?

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 3:03 PM

Use this part of that same link:

Customize your Apple Watch notification settings

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab. 
  2. Tap Notifications. 
  3. Tap an app to see its options. To use the same notification settings on apps that appear on both your Apple Watch and iPhone, tap Mirror my iPhone. Some apps allow you to customize your notifications. Tap Custom, then choose an option:
    • Allow Notifications: Notifications appear in Notification Center and your Apple Watch alerts you. 
    • Send to Notification Center: Notifications are sent directly to Notification Center without your Apple Watch alerting you.
    • Notifications Off: The app sends no notifications.
  1. If you customize an app's notifications, you can also group notifications from that app. Tap Notification grouping, then choose an option: Off, Automatically, or By App.

Some apps offer further customization, while others only let you turn off Apple Watch notifications completely. Scroll down to the Mirror iPhone Alerts From section and turn off the setting next to the app. 

Learn how to change audio settings for notifications

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 3:03 PM in response to Blsandit

Use this part of that same link:

Customize your Apple Watch notification settings

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab. 
  2. Tap Notifications. 
  3. Tap an app to see its options. To use the same notification settings on apps that appear on both your Apple Watch and iPhone, tap Mirror my iPhone. Some apps allow you to customize your notifications. Tap Custom, then choose an option:
    • Allow Notifications: Notifications appear in Notification Center and your Apple Watch alerts you. 
    • Send to Notification Center: Notifications are sent directly to Notification Center without your Apple Watch alerting you.
    • Notifications Off: The app sends no notifications.
  1. If you customize an app's notifications, you can also group notifications from that app. Tap Notification grouping, then choose an option: Off, Automatically, or By App.

Some apps offer further customization, while others only let you turn off Apple Watch notifications completely. Scroll down to the Mirror iPhone Alerts From section and turn off the setting next to the app. 

Learn how to change audio settings for notifications

Oct 1, 2022 4:41 PM in response to Blsandit

Thanks for reaching out, Blsandit.

It sounds like you're receiving notifications, but they aren't going to the device you want them to go to. We can help.

Keeping in mind that Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both, you can check out these steps to better manage Notifications on your Apple Watch:

How to mute or turn off an app's notifications on your Apple Watch

1. Touch and hold the top of the watch face. 
2. Wait for Notification Center to show, then swipe down.
3. Swipe left on the notification that you want to mute or turn off, then tap the More button .
4. Choose from the options that are available for that app. Depending on the app, you can mute notifications for the rest of the day, mute them for an hour, or turn them off completely.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Not receiving text alerts on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.