Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Series 8 watch messing up my iPhone 13 mini notifications

I recently purchased a new series 8 watch. I've had the series 3 for over three years with no problems...now I cannot get my cell to give text notifications. What can I do? I really need to hear a notification from my cell for texts messages...a small vibration on my wrist is just not working for me. I've had so many problems with cell, MacBook and iPad since purchasing the new watch.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 4:53 PM

Your watch is operating as it should. Which means with Apple Watch on your wrist and your cell phone closed (screen not active), by design, notifications will come to your Apple Watch. You don't have to only have haptic notifications on your watch. You can choose to have a notification sound as well.

See this link which explains when and were notifications will arrive to which device --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you want notification sound, see this link about that --> Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Note: You may find it easier to change notifications sounds/haptics from the Watch App on your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 4:53 PM in response to debi43

Your watch is operating as it should. Which means with Apple Watch on your wrist and your cell phone closed (screen not active), by design, notifications will come to your Apple Watch. You don't have to only have haptic notifications on your watch. You can choose to have a notification sound as well.

See this link which explains when and were notifications will arrive to which device --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you want notification sound, see this link about that --> Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Note: You may find it easier to change notifications sounds/haptics from the Watch App on your iPhone.

Nov 22, 2022 4:52 PM in response to debi43

Unless you have notification sounds turned off on your Watch, you should also receive a sound on the Watch instead of just a vibration. As you should know from having an Apple Watch in the past, if your iPhone is locked, you will only receive notifications on the Watch. See the information here for how notifications work between the Apple Watch and the iPhone. Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

New Series 8 watch messing up my iPhone 13 mini notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.