Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard and Safari in ipad OS 15 issue

I updated to iOS 15 on my ipad and the safari app no longer accepts the spacebar when typing. It works fine in all other apps, including Chrome. Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:16 PM

7 replies

Nov 17, 2021 1:35 PM in response to yomanjm

Hello yomanjm,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having issues using the Space bar on your keyboard after updating your iPad, and we'd like to help.

What is the exact iPadOS 15 version running on your iPad? Are you experiencing this behavior with the iPad's built-in keyboard, or an external keyboard?

To get started, please check out this helpful link:

Adjust the onscreen and external keyboard settings on iPad

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Nov 17, 2021 8:00 PM in response to yomanjm

yomanjm wrote:

Well, I did just learn one item that turning that OFF affects - FaceBook freezes if one taps on “Comments”.

This is a known issue with FaceBook and the solution is to turn Full Keyboard Access to “ON”.

Yes, if you must have it ON for your Facebook stuff, then you need to also tap on Commands on the Access page and clear the special action for Space and any other key that causes problems elsewhere.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.