You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I loose my emails if I reinstall?

Will I loose my emails if I reinstall safari?

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:25 PM

Yes you will lose your emails when resetting the computer to reinstall the operating system if you are using a POP account or if you store your emails locally and do not have a local backup. If your email account is an IMAP account the emails are stored on the email server. Reinstalling Safari has no affect on your emails.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 16, 2021 7:25 PM in response to Eskrima48

Yes you will lose your emails when resetting the computer to reinstall the operating system if you are using a POP account or if you store your emails locally and do not have a local backup. If your email account is an IMAP account the emails are stored on the email server. Reinstalling Safari has no affect on your emails.

Nov 16, 2021 7:20 PM in response to Eskrima48

Eskrima48 Said:

"Will I loose my emails if I reinstall?: Will I loose my emails if I reinstall safari?"

-------

No, as the eMails themselves are stored externally, on the eMail provider's site.

Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the install. Once installed, create a second backup.

Will I loose my emails if I reinstall?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.