Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Mail on my Mac keeps displaying "Sending 15 of 15 Messages" under my list of mail accounts long after I have stopped sending emails?

Apple Mail question:

My Apple Mail on my Mac keeps displaying "Sending 15 of 15 Messages" under my list of mail accounts long after I have stopped sending emails??? Sometimes the number changes

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 9:07 PM

Something to try:

Quit Apple Mail. Boot into Safe Mode by holding the Shift key. This Safe Boot may take some ~ minutes, keep holding Shift down until the login screen appears. After you complete logging in, log out and reboot. Then test to see if the problem persists.

Safe Boot does file system repairs if any are needed and also deletes some cache contents. Caches are how the computer "remembers" some things, it sounds like your computer is "remembering" something that it shouldn't.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 9:07 PM in response to TexasGeorge

Something to try:

Quit Apple Mail. Boot into Safe Mode by holding the Shift key. This Safe Boot may take some ~ minutes, keep holding Shift down until the login screen appears. After you complete logging in, log out and reboot. Then test to see if the problem persists.

Safe Boot does file system repairs if any are needed and also deletes some cache contents. Caches are how the computer "remembers" some things, it sounds like your computer is "remembering" something that it shouldn't.

My Apple Mail on my Mac keeps displaying "Sending 15 of 15 Messages" under my list of mail accounts long after I have stopped sending emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.