Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to use WIFI... throwing Preferences Error

The wifi has an exclamation mark. Can't use wifi. Not able to turn on. Throwing preferences error whenever I try to open Network from System Preferences. Also not able to find SystemConfiguration under Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Not able to run diagnostics as well.

I have tried to remove the DNS cache. Restarted system quite a few time, etc. nothing is working for me.

Please help. 

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 4:10 AM

So, what App was installed ?

CleanMyMac per chance ?

If so, follow below. Understand - depending on the amount of damage it has caused, it might require a Reinstallation to to put the OS right again.

Strongly suggest remove it as per Developers Instructions. Do not install and Uninstaller as they too tend to create havoc and moved important elements of the OS.

As a Testament of how much Damage this application can cause - the first 600 Posting on the ASC Forums all point to the same conclusion - https://discussions.apple.com/search?q=cleanmymac

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2021 4:10 AM in response to rahulzion

So, what App was installed ?

CleanMyMac per chance ?

If so, follow below. Understand - depending on the amount of damage it has caused, it might require a Reinstallation to to put the OS right again.

Strongly suggest remove it as per Developers Instructions. Do not install and Uninstaller as they too tend to create havoc and moved important elements of the OS.

As a Testament of how much Damage this application can cause - the first 600 Posting on the ASC Forums all point to the same conclusion - https://discussions.apple.com/search?q=cleanmymac

Not able to use WIFI... throwing Preferences Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.