Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOs Sierra, accidentally set new SSD as Recovery

Hi, my old SSD finally gave up the ghost, I changed disk drive for 1Tb HDD and original HDD for SSD about 5yrs ago. Ran OS from SSD with files on HDD

When SSD gave up, easy enough to run OS from HDD by making small partition and reinstalled using bootcamp.

Bought new SSD, read a post in here easiest way to do it was by cloning OS (using Carbon Copy Cloner) with SSD connected to USB then install after? It kept throwing up an error SSD was ejecting itself before finishing. On 4th attempt CCC suggested I should create a recovery drive on the new SSD? Ok, click create;

Now the system can't see the disk because it's marked as Recovery drive. I've tried booting from it but still doesn't appear anywhere for me to be able to reformat it again, or install new OS on it

Is there any way to force system to display the drive, apart from borrowing a Windows machine and reformatting it on that?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 12:39 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

MacOs Sierra, accidentally set new SSD as Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.