Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete album artwork on music

how to delete album artwork using the new music app

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 4:27 PM

I actually tried it just before writing my post and it worked fine, same as it did in iTunes. There is no dedicated button or context menu item for it, but it works by selecting the artwork image (with the mouse) and then pressing the delete key (on the keyboard).

As I described above, you need to open the information window for the respective album or song (the one which has tabs for Details, Artwork, Lyrics, Options, Sorting, and File), click on the small artwork image in the upper left corner of the window (above the tabs) to select it, then press the delete key to remove the artwork and finally click the OK button to confirm. Try again and enjoy! :-)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 4:27 PM in response to last time itunes user

I actually tried it just before writing my post and it worked fine, same as it did in iTunes. There is no dedicated button or context menu item for it, but it works by selecting the artwork image (with the mouse) and then pressing the delete key (on the keyboard).

As I described above, you need to open the information window for the respective album or song (the one which has tabs for Details, Artwork, Lyrics, Options, Sorting, and File), click on the small artwork image in the upper left corner of the window (above the tabs) to select it, then press the delete key to remove the artwork and finally click the OK button to confirm. Try again and enjoy! :-)

Nov 18, 2021 4:23 AM in response to last time itunes user

In the side bar of the Music app, select "Albums" under "Library". Right click on the respective album and choose "Get Info" from the context menu. Alternatively, you can select individual songs in any view and then choose "Info..." (⌘ I) from the Song menu.

In the information window which pops up, don't bother to go to the "Artwork" tab, but click on the small image of the artwork in the top left corner, thereby selecting it, then press the delete key to remove it and finally confirm by clicking the "OK" button. That's it.

how to delete album artwork on music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.