Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Joy - Migration Assistant recognizes New and Old Macs; but Spinning Wheels won't stop

Migration Assistant, on mid 2009 Mac Book Pro, AND on Intel 2018 Mac Mini begin OK; but 'spinning wheels' never stop in spite Recognition of Old Mac by Mac Mini.

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 4:32 PM

OK - don't know what happened here; Migration Assistant never did stop Spinning Wheels on either Mac. But, iCloud picked up the slack and all my files are available on my new Intel 2018 MacMini now. That's how my new M1 MacBook Air made the Migration easy a few weeks ago; apparently that's what happened with the MacMini today. Problem Solved after half a day of trying, iCloud to the rescue again!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2021 4:32 PM in response to ChipDale

OK - don't know what happened here; Migration Assistant never did stop Spinning Wheels on either Mac. But, iCloud picked up the slack and all my files are available on my new Intel 2018 MacMini now. That's how my new M1 MacBook Air made the Migration easy a few weeks ago; apparently that's what happened with the MacMini today. Problem Solved after half a day of trying, iCloud to the rescue again!

No Joy - Migration Assistant recognizes New and Old Macs; but Spinning Wheels won't stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.