Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay doesn’t find my car. Also usb connect says my iPhone is not plugged in. Worked yesterday before installing ios 15.1

How do I get my iPhone CarPlay to find my car?

why does my car now not recognize that my iPhone is plugged into the usb after iso 15 update?

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 6:12 AM

9 replies

Dec 30, 2021 9:21 PM in response to dlpoor

Hey all take the time to call apple support. Like I said in my post the first fix did not work but then I go a determined assistant from apple. I think it too 30-45 minutes but she found the answer. If your problem is concerning how music plays try what I posted. My iPhone is still working as it should

Nov 20, 2021 2:07 PM in response to muguy

I’ve been having the same problem since the update. My phone won’t connect to my USB port in my car, I changed the cable, I’ve restarted my phone, I even went into settings> ID & Passcode>USB accessories and it still is not working. It works with people who don’t have the new update, and it worked for my sister before she updated, it even works on my old phone because I haven’t updated it for a while. Music is my whole heart and soul, I’m a student, a full time worker, and participate in sports my car rides are really the only place I have to listen to music. Apple please help me! Things are getting more difficult & stressing. Please help me out.

Dec 2, 2021 7:16 AM in response to sabdy134

So I had the same problem and contacted Apple and the first fix did not work. Contacted them a second time and after a long session and a determined Apple employee it appears it is fixed. I have a 2015 Ford Escape and iTunes/Apple music would not start or when it did if I got a phone call it would not play when I hung up or when I tried to change to another song or artist. I tried many master resets on the car. unfortunately there are no new updates for my Ford SYNC. Here is what worked.

Open general settings on your phone and go to iPhone storage. Then go to music a

and see if you have any songs stored, mine said zero. The Apple employee had me move a song or album purchased from Apple Music/iTunes to storage. Then turn your phone off and restart, hook it up to your car and see. Mine now is very responsive and works the way it did on iOS 14. Also works like my iPod I had before this phone.

Hope this works

Dec 2, 2021 7:18 AM in response to rexfrommiami

I meant to reply to you but hope this helps everyone.

So I had the same problem and contacted Apple and the first fix did not work. Contacted them a second time and after a long session and a determined Apple employee it appears it is fixed. I have a 2015 Ford Escape and iTunes/Apple music would not start or when it did if I got a phone call it would not play when I hung up or when I tried to change to another song or artist. I tried many master resets on the car. unfortunately there are no new updates for my Ford SYNC. Here is what worked.

Open general settings on your phone and go to iPhone storage. Then go to music a

and see if you have any songs stored, mine said zero. The Apple employee had me move a song or album purchased from Apple Music/iTunes to storage. Then turn your phone off and restart, hook it up to your car and see. Mine now is very responsive and works the way it did on iOS 14. Also works like my iPod I had before this phone.

Carplay doesn’t find my car. Also usb connect says my iPhone is not plugged in. Worked yesterday before installing ios 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.