Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay

My iPhone XR is connected to my car (Bluetooth and USB), but I m unable to connect to CarPlay. I know it’s available on my car, but when I try to connect, my phone doesn’t detect my car. I’ve tried all the steps shown but still isn’t working. I’m thinking there’s another setting besides allowing it in screen time on my phone that isn’t right.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:30 PM

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 8:30 PM in response to JJMTF

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.