Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I upgrade the old Macbook pro to the same mac osx version as the new Macbook Pro prior to migration?

Should I upgrade the old Macbook pro to the same mac osx version as the new Macbook Pro prior to migration?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 8:22 AM

Hi mamosthlm,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Migration Assistant and updating your old Mac before migrating.

It's not necessary to do this. However, you may want to in order to check app compatibility before the initiating the process. Please see: How to get old versions of macOS.

Also see: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later.

Have a fantastic day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 8:22 AM in response to mamosthlm

Hi mamosthlm,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Migration Assistant and updating your old Mac before migrating.

It's not necessary to do this. However, you may want to in order to check app compatibility before the initiating the process. Please see: How to get old versions of macOS.

Also see: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later.

Have a fantastic day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.