Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It has been over 12 hours and my migration is still Not finished

I am doing a migration from my old IMac to the new IMac and it has been now over 20 hours. How long does it take?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 7:29 AM

You need to tell us how you did the migration. The fastest, most reliable and most simple method is in Setup Assistant and Migration Assistant. If you tried it ANY other method, then stop the process, restart and use the Migration Assistant instruction in the link. If you do not have a backup of the old Mac, then MAKE ONE, you can still use the External Hard Disk to backup the new Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2021 7:29 AM in response to tanjanixx

You need to tell us how you did the migration. The fastest, most reliable and most simple method is in Setup Assistant and Migration Assistant. If you tried it ANY other method, then stop the process, restart and use the Migration Assistant instruction in the link. If you do not have a backup of the old Mac, then MAKE ONE, you can still use the External Hard Disk to backup the new Mac.

It has been over 12 hours and my migration is still Not finished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.