Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone - restoring from icloud back up

Restoring my iPhone backup from iCloud data is taking almost a day. What can be the problem? It has been saying Restore in Progress. An est 8.5 GB will be required to finish ...etc. It has been fluctuating between 8 and 9 the entire day.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 11:44 AM

evecroes wrote:

Restoring my iPhone backup from iCloud data is taking almost a day. What can be the problem? It has been saying Restore in Progress. An est 8.5 GB will be required to finish ...etc. It has been fluctuating between 8 and 9 the entire day.

You connect to wifi, power outlet, lock the phone and leave it alone so it can finish.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2021 11:44 AM in response to evecroes

evecroes wrote:

You connect to wifi, power outlet, lock the phone and leave it alone so it can finish.

New phone - restoring from icloud back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.