Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo as screensavers in Monterey?

How do I use my Photos as Screensavers on my Mac with Monterey ?

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 11:28 AM

Right now you can't. There's a but with the latest release of Monterey that affects all screensaver themes that use image files, whether in a Photos library or in a folder on the hard drive.

Until Apple releases a fix in a system update we'll have to use a screensaver that does not use image files. I use a 3rd party screen saver called Brooklyn.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 11:28 AM in response to INTVG

Right now you can't. There's a but with the latest release of Monterey that affects all screensaver themes that use image files, whether in a Photos library or in a folder on the hard drive.

Until Apple releases a fix in a system update we'll have to use a screensaver that does not use image files. I use a 3rd party screen saver called Brooklyn.

Nov 19, 2021 9:57 PM in response to INTVG

To avoid the bug, try to export a few favourite photos to a folder in your pictures folder and use this folder as the source of the screensaver. I am using the third-party screensaver Art Saver with a local folder of pictures. That is fortunately still working and has the added bonus to allow to show the filename and other metadata with the photos.

Photo as screensavers in Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.