Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my facebook freezes on my ipad

Is there a solution to having the facebook app freeze if I try to make a comment? This happens on my iPad and not on my IPhone.

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 12:10 PM

9 replies

Nov 22, 2021 8:03 AM in response to per126

per126 Sai???

"I have restarted the iPad, but i still have the same problem. If i try to read a comment or look at a picture, Facebook freezes."

-------

Either contact Facebook, or remove the app, and adding it back. Important: Be certain to log out of the app, prior to removing it.

Clear Internal iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

Dec 7, 2021 2:46 AM in response to Applesprt

I had this problem with my iPad Pro Gen 4 and iOS 15.1 and have followed the suggestions, ie delete Facebook app and reinstall, take iPad off the magic keyboard, contacted Apple Support and raised it with Facebook - am awaiting their response. Taking the iPad off the keyboard worked but once back on Facebook froze on trying to open comments. Using Facebook in Safari was fine with the keyboard but then what would be the point of an App? In the meantime I have just gone into Settings - Accessibility - Full Keyboard and clicked to on. Low and behold Facebook no longer freezes when the iPad is on the magic keyboard. So I hope this might work for other users who have had this problem.

my facebook freezes on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.