Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frozen Apple Watch Series 5 when pairing with iPhone

I need help. My Apple Watch S 5 had commenced the pairing with my iPhone 12 when I lost wifi connectivity. It froze with an App logo before it could be complete the pairing. The Watch now is no longer paired with the old iPhone XR and isn't paired with my new iPhone 12 either. I tried press and hold the side button, tried press and hold the crown, nothing works. Please help

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 11:26 AM

Hello Donah209,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your Apple Watch lost Wi-Fi connection during the pairing process. We'll do our best to help out.

You mentioned the Apple Watch froze with the Apple logo, is it still stuck on the Apple logo? If so, have you tried to press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown until you see the Apple logo again?

If it starts up but doesn't seem connected to the iPhone, try to erase it by using section, 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' here: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Let us know if this helps out, take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 11:26 AM in response to donah209

Hello Donah209,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your Apple Watch lost Wi-Fi connection during the pairing process. We'll do our best to help out.

You mentioned the Apple Watch froze with the Apple logo, is it still stuck on the Apple logo? If so, have you tried to press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown until you see the Apple logo again?

If it starts up but doesn't seem connected to the iPhone, try to erase it by using section, 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' here: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Let us know if this helps out, take care.

Frozen Apple Watch Series 5 when pairing with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.