Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why ?

I’ve been purchasing from Apple for years and I can’t believe you guys denying me to get my credit card with you guys it’s not fair not at all I’m so Disappointed ☹️

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 5:00 PM

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to speak to Apple Support, you need to use the Get Support link at the top of the page here. 

How your Apple Card application is evaluated - Apple Support

3 replies

Nov 18, 2021 5:20 PM in response to yahira112

It isn’ clear what you are talking about. Do you mean adding a credit card to the iTunes & App Store for purchases? If it refused it is your card issuer refusing it, not Apple. A “payment declined” or “card declined" message means that the issuer of the credit or debit card you have on file in your iTunes account rejected a charge or account confirmation. It is not an Apple problem; Apple is just passing through the message from your issuer. There are a number of reasons the charge or verification might be declined:

• Insufficient balance or account in arrears
  • Account suspended for suspected fraud (not necessarily by you)
  • Error in card number
  • Wrong expiration date
  • Wrong security (CVV) code
  • Address in your iTunes account does not match exactly the billing address for the card
  • The card was not issued in the country of the iTunes store
  • You are connected through a VPN provider that does not terminate in the country of the iTunes store you are connected to.

Here is additional information from Apple→If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

=======================

Or are you talking about applying for an Apple Card? If you are, see→Steps to take for applying to Apple Card - Apple Community

Note that to get an Apple Card you must live in the USA, have a good credit rating, and NOT have a put a freeze on your credit agency accounts. The cards are actually issued by Goldman-Sachs, and it is they who make the decision based on your creditworthiness, not how much you have bought from Apple.

Note that in either case Apple is not involved; it is the card issuer who has made the determination.

Nov 18, 2021 5:07 PM in response to yahira112

yahira112 Said:

"Why ?: I’ve been purchasing from Apple for years and I can’t believe you guys denying me to get my credit card with you guys it’s not fair not at all I’m so Disappointed"

-------

Start Here: If your Payment Method is Declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Still Having Issues?...

For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Financial Assistance, you need to contact Apple Support. They’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Why ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.