Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 home screen landscape?

Can iOS 15 Home Screen be rotated to landscape and have the apps rotate too. This was a feature of previous iOS versions but is it still?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 7:26 AM

I have the iphone 12 (standard size). If I disable FaceID, would the home screen landscape work then? If not, I would consider getting a new iphone. Can either size 13 or either size 13 pro rotate the home screen with proper setup?

18 replies

Nov 18, 2021 8:31 PM in response to Gstoll77

I appreciate all the responses.

I am running iOS 15.1 on a iPhone 11 Pro Max but even after calling apple support, no one can tell me if this feature was actually removed or restricted to iPhone 12 or 13 Max size phones. Or maybe just older phones with a home button as mentioned. Or due to Face ID, although which shouldn’t be a factor in Home Screen rotation once the phone is opened. I believe I saw a videos of iOS 14 rotate the apps & labels.

all things on YouTube & Google point to:

• control center rotation lock off
  • all widgets and stacks removed that might stop the screen due large size
  • display zoom set to “standard”
  • text size set to normal 100%
  • all magnification set to default

Looking forward to any confirmation from apple. Landscape would be very helpful for a “Focus Mode” I made with a specific chosen home page icons displayed for that focus and short cut automation that automatically changes my wallpaper for that specific focus mode. Me geeking out on customizations. Lol.

anyway… thanks for all the input everyone!

Nov 18, 2021 5:47 PM in response to Gstoll77

Hello Gstoll77, I think with IOS14 and the newer iPhone 12 and up and the use of programable widgets the Home Screen Landscape isn't supported anymore even the the control lock in Control Center unlocked. Most of the apps still support landscape mode, like messages, Safari, mail and the like. I remember my old iPhone 6s Plus did the landscape rotation in the home screen. It was kinda cool.

Mar 9, 2022 4:25 PM in response to williamfromquakertown

No unfortunately Apple removed the home screen rotation since the iPhone 8 Plus apparently. I have written to apple support to bring this back and need more people to do the same.

It is a useful feature and could allow more versatility & customization possibilities when using Home Screen set up and focus modes. Apple, please read this and consider bringing back Home Screen rotation. Lol. Thanks!!!

iOS 15 home screen landscape?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.