Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable Perspective Zoom in iOS 16 Lock Screen and Home Screen backgrounds?

Yesterday I updated my iPhone 12 Pro Max to iOS 16 and after that I started playing around with the new Lock Screen and Home Screen background functionalities, I created several customized backgrounds but I was unable to find how to enable Perspective Zoom.

I really love Perspective Zoom and I started using it aver since it was introduced in iOS 7.

Do I need to enable this functionality somewhere else in the settings? or is Perspective Zoom not available anymore in iOS 16?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 2:36 AM

I just bought an iphone 13 due to my beloved 7plus stopped being able to take calls. I had everything transferred over but now my home screen and lock screen photos are oversized and i cant crop them to fit the screen. I have no perspective zoom, if that even changes anything. Ive tried screen shots and even photo shop apps and no luck. Can you not customize your lock and home screen anymore? Ive had apple since day one and this phone has me ready to jump ship.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2022 2:36 AM in response to nick_h2

I just bought an iphone 13 due to my beloved 7plus stopped being able to take calls. I had everything transferred over but now my home screen and lock screen photos are oversized and i cant crop them to fit the screen. I have no perspective zoom, if that even changes anything. Ive tried screen shots and even photo shop apps and no luck. Can you not customize your lock and home screen anymore? Ive had apple since day one and this phone has me ready to jump ship.

Oct 29, 2022 10:39 AM in response to nick_h2

I HAVE NO PERSPECTIVE ZOOM OPTION!

i've been trying to figure it out since iOS 16 came out and I followed your directions exactly, but I have no perspective zoom option. I am on an iPhone 12 pro max.

WHAT'S THE ISSUE!?!?! Is it actually gone and your instructions are just gaslighting? If it exists I really want it it to work, if it doesn't, you should modify your answer and let people know. If there's something else I can do to make that option appear, please let me know.

Dec 4, 2022 8:02 PM in response to Luis Abraham

Same problem on our new 2022 iPad Pro and air.

I can confirm IOS 16.1.1 wallpaper perspective is set to on but does not work on either. I have rebooted and hard Rebooted as well but does not fix this bug. I still have an old 10.5 pro running iOS 15.7 and perspective is still working properly on the older iOS. I shouldn’t have updated but lesson learned.

Apple should spend more time and money properly beta testing before public release. iPads and iPhones are now so ridiculously expensive everything should be working for such high prices.

Sep 17, 2022 8:41 AM in response to Luis Abraham

Hello Luis,

We want to help manage your wallpaper in the latest iOS version

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support and review the steps we've quoted below:

In the Settings app, tap Wallpaper.
Under the preview of your Lock Screen, tap Customize.
Tap Customize Current Wallpaper or Add New Wallpaper and select a wallpaper.
Before you tap Done on the wallpaper, make your customizations.
To choose a font and text color, tap on the time.
To add or remove widgets — like Calendar, Clock, Weather, Fitness, or Reminders — tap on the boxes above or below the time.
To apply photo styles — like Black & White, Duotone, or Color Wash — swipe left or right.
To crop and move your photo, pinch and drag your photo.
To select wallpaper options, tap the More button. Perspective Zoom moves the wallpaper as you tilt your screen. Depth Effect enables layering with the subject of your photo.

The last quoted line goes over options like Perspective Zoom and more.

We hope this helps.

Cheers.

Jan 17, 2023 7:06 PM in response to Hoota101

Hello Hoota101! I think I can help you with the background zoom.

I have an iPhone 13 on iOS 16 as well! When I select my wallpapers, some images are automatically cropped to take advantage of the Depth Effect feature (and maybe some other reasons I don’t know about). I personally enjoy this, but I understand how it can be confusing at times. I can pinch to show more or less of the image anyway. Perhaps the same thing had happened when you chose your iPhone background.

I hope my theory helped you! Have a good day/night Hoota!

On another note, I am also lacking the perspective zoom option… My guess is that it is being fixed/reworked or even removed

How to enable Perspective Zoom in iOS 16 Lock Screen and Home Screen backgrounds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.