Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant not working (different codes)

I am trying to migrate some files from an older Macbook Pro to a new one. I followed the instructions above but the two codes dont match. I cant find any solutions to get the two codes to be the same. I am stuck.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 12:10 PM

Hello richardson228,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're noticing two different codes, when attempting to complete Migration Assistant. We'll be happy to help.

If you haven't tried yet, let's go ahead and restart each of your computers and ensure that each Mac is updated to the latest software version. From there, please ensure that the section that says, "Get ready" is followed correctly for Migration Assistant: Move your content to a new Mac

From there, let's attempt to see if you're able to transfer the data from the previously used MacBook Pro to the new one.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 12:10 PM in response to richardson228

Hello richardson228,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're noticing two different codes, when attempting to complete Migration Assistant. We'll be happy to help.

If you haven't tried yet, let's go ahead and restart each of your computers and ensure that each Mac is updated to the latest software version. From there, please ensure that the section that says, "Get ready" is followed correctly for Migration Assistant: Move your content to a new Mac

From there, let's attempt to see if you're able to transfer the data from the previously used MacBook Pro to the new one.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Best regards.

Migration Assistant not working (different codes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.