Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have my recovery key or access to any trusted devices. trying to get into my iCloud account

how do I get into my iCloud account without any trusted devices or my recovery key.

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 12:41 AM

As per the article How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

• When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery. Account recovery is a process that would otherwise help you get back into your Apple ID account when you don’t have enough information to reset your password. Learn more about account recovery

The article How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support for account recovery from server will not help as it states if you knew Apple ID but forgotten Apple ID password ( it's for 2FA account ) .

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

Note : the account is set with two factor authentication and is created from Mac in which two trusted devices were added and verified , but for some reasons you had no access .

Do you remember Apple ID and password ? please clarify .

In case if you remember password , and want to add new trusted number and get code on it , it can be done .

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 12:41 AM in response to shourt_stacks

As per the article How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

• When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery. Account recovery is a process that would otherwise help you get back into your Apple ID account when you don’t have enough information to reset your password. Learn more about account recovery

The article How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support for account recovery from server will not help as it states if you knew Apple ID but forgotten Apple ID password ( it's for 2FA account ) .

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

Note : the account is set with two factor authentication and is created from Mac in which two trusted devices were added and verified , but for some reasons you had no access .

Do you remember Apple ID and password ? please clarify .

In case if you remember password , and want to add new trusted number and get code on it , it can be done .

Nov 21, 2021 6:38 AM in response to shourt_stacks

Turn off recovery key , the password resetting will work before trusted devices are added and verified in the account , you can add them from system preferences Use two-factor authentication for security on your Mac, iOS devices, and iPadOS devices - Apple Support

You can find out Apple ID password from keychain access View the information stored in a keychain on Mac - Apple Support

Without adding the trusted devices the account was incomplete , however secondary authentication was used before 2FA that is sure Apple ID password will be found in keychain access .

Also from the article How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

Use a recovery key

If you forget your Apple ID password, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode. Or you can use your recovery key, a trusted phone number, and an Apple device to reset your password. Make sure the device is running iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra or later, and be sure to enter the complete recovery key including upper-case letters and hyphens. Learn more about what to do if you forget your Apple ID password

If you decide to stop using a recovery key, follow the steps above on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and slide to turn off Recovery Key. On your Mac, click Turn Off in the Recovery Key section.

I don't have my recovery key or access to any trusted devices. trying to get into my iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.