Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks: Deleting pdfs

I want to clear out some old PDF files (recipes, docs, etc) that are on my iBooks app (Mac, iPad). I've backed up the PDFs to a new folder on iCloud for safe keeping. My question is, if I delete those PDFs from iBooks choosing "Everywhere" will it also delete the newly saved (duplicate) files stored in folders on iCloud (that are in the Files app). They are quite large (and still important) files, but I want to tidy up my iPad. Will I delete them in both iBooks and in iCloud folders if I select "Everywhere"?

Many thanks for your clarification, as the Delete Warning's wording worried me a bit.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:44 AM

Hello MiskyBr,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are wondering about deleting PDFs in the Books app on your iPad and Mac. After testing, if the PDFs are saved to a folder in iCloud Drive in the Files app, when you delete the files in the Books app will only effect files in the Books app on your devices and here is more info:

Organize books in the Books app on iPad

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 7:44 AM in response to MiskyBr

Hello MiskyBr,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are wondering about deleting PDFs in the Books app on your iPad and Mac. After testing, if the PDFs are saved to a folder in iCloud Drive in the Files app, when you delete the files in the Books app will only effect files in the Books app on your devices and here is more info:

Organize books in the Books app on iPad

Cheers!

iBooks: Deleting pdfs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.