Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting different parts of clip for multicam

I'm trying to create a multicam clip from 5 cameras plus sound. I used to be able to do this and now I can't (in v 10.6.1.) .The cameras produce files of different length so the clips do not quite cover the same time. I select the part of each clip that I want by simply highlighting with In and Out. I use the sound for synch, and that is a single track of 65 minutes, so I need to cut it.

How can I now select these areas in each clip to create a new multicam clip? I'm sure I just used to Command/left click each one in turn to build up a list.

Can't find any YouTube help as they all seem assume that I will use the whole of the clip, not part.

Any ideas?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 9:33 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 22, 2021 1:30 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for your response Tom.

Yes, I am up-and-running again. It's a complicated edit and I found the best way was to create an event titled, say, 'Multicam 3 selection,' then drag the selected clips into that whilst holding 'Alt', that then leaves the original where it was and just creates a copy. That means I now have a tidy collection of clips for the multicam. Yes, you must then change to List view it would appear, so that you can Cmd-click the selections that you want. Bingo!

Now I know my memory is going, but I am certain that I used cmd-click the selections in Film-strip view. This does NOT work now.... and that was where I panicked.

Regards.

Selecting different parts of clip for multicam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.