Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes browse not working on pc

I have Apple Music and I have Itunes up on my PC. My music library is fine but I'm not able to access the "For You" or the "browse" feature. So im only able to listen to the previously downloaded songs. My account seems fine except i'm not able to use apple music on my PC like I can on my Mac. I'm not using all of my available devices either.. My internet works fine and this feature works on my Mac. I have also tried to log off and log back into itunes. I have powered down and restarted my PC. Checked for updates. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 6:00 AM

Others have reported similar problems in Windows 7 and 8, which are no longer officially supported by Apple for iTunes. You might want to consider upgrading to Windows 10 if you're not yet running it. As a workaround you should be able to use https://music.apple.com/ to browse for new content.

tt2

3 replies

Nov 29, 2021 12:10 PM in response to Idrum4uguys

I'm having the same issues as others.

That is a real LAME fix for paying customers with a subscription for years now. There are other subscriptions out there and if this doesn't get fixed by iTunes, i believe it is time to find another service.

In other words YOU (APPLE) are telling your customer to spend money to upgrade our system that is working fine ohter than with your product.

I hope i get a better answer than what you gave to the last couple of customers.

I prefer Windoes 7 over Windows 10 and I'm not ready to spend $140 dollars to fix something that wrks fine, EXCEPT FOR YOUR PRODUCT. I guess Apple doesn't have a tech that can figure out the problem and fix it to work on all platforms and apps????? VERY SORRY TECH SUPPORT if that is the answer

Love iTunes but if it time to move to another platform, so be it.

Nov 29, 2021 1:11 PM in response to traxterhitlist

traxterhitlist wrote:

That is a real LAME fix for paying customers with a subscription for years now. < .... > I guess Apple doesn't have a tech that can figure out the problem and fix it to work on all platforms and apps????? VERY SORRY TECH SUPPORT if that is the answer

Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft - the company that wrote it. So it's hardly a surprise that Apple are not prepared to spend their time on supporting a now obsolete operating system. No one can justify doing that forever. Consider also, that the number of Windows 7 users is dropping all the time. At what point do you think Apple should stop maintaining iTunes for it; at 100,000 iTunes users, or perhaps 500 users. Or just one?

Look on the bright side; when you eventually decide to upgrade, you can do so to Windows 11, bypassing Windows 10 completely.

itunes browse not working on pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.