Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download or upload in Chrome

This just started yesterday. I'm in Monterey. Don't know if there was an update or not, but I can't upload or download in Chrome now. Nothing happens when I hit any upload or download link - nothing. No error. No window opening. Nothing. I can drag and drop to upload. Can't download.

It works in Firefox and Safari, so I'm sure Apple will say, go take it up with Google. Reporting it here just the same. It appears to be an OS update. But I'm hoping that maybe there might be a setting to correct this.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 4:15 PM

Hello,

Since you are able to download files using Safari and Firefox but not Chrome this indicates a problem with Chrome rather than an issue with macOS.

If Google Chrome is incompatible after macOS updates only Google can provide a Chrome update to correct the issue.

I found questions on Google’s support community about this also. Here is one with a few upvotes. https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/135585910/downloads-disabled-on-google-chrome-under-macos-monterey?hl=en&msgid=135585910

Reporting this to Google will be the best way to have a solution provided.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 4:15 PM in response to kathylong

Hello,

Since you are able to download files using Safari and Firefox but not Chrome this indicates a problem with Chrome rather than an issue with macOS.

If Google Chrome is incompatible after macOS updates only Google can provide a Chrome update to correct the issue.

I found questions on Google’s support community about this also. Here is one with a few upvotes. https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/135585910/downloads-disabled-on-google-chrome-under-macos-monterey?hl=en&msgid=135585910

Reporting this to Google will be the best way to have a solution provided.

I hope this helps.

Can't download or upload in Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.