Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant set up voicemail or receive

i dont get any voicemails n when i try to set up it says call voicemail but nothing happens

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 3:58 AM

Maybe you still need to turn on/activate your voicemail?

The voicemail settings are controlled by the carrier, so check via Google or contact your carrier  which abbreviated number -> xxxx you can call from the iPhone.

When you call xxxx, listen to the menu/options.

An example how it works with my carrier:

Call xxxx and press 11 for the main menu. Choose 2 for the personal settings of your voicemail. 

If you have a subscription: call xxxx1 (free) to turn on your voicemail. You can turn off your voicemail by calling xxxx0 (free).

If you have prepaid, calling the voicemail will cost the standard calling rate.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 3:58 AM in response to mariza98

Maybe you still need to turn on/activate your voicemail?

The voicemail settings are controlled by the carrier, so check via Google or contact your carrier  which abbreviated number -> xxxx you can call from the iPhone.

When you call xxxx, listen to the menu/options.

An example how it works with my carrier:

Call xxxx and press 11 for the main menu. Choose 2 for the personal settings of your voicemail. 

If you have a subscription: call xxxx1 (free) to turn on your voicemail. You can turn off your voicemail by calling xxxx0 (free).

If you have prepaid, calling the voicemail will cost the standard calling rate.

cant set up voicemail or receive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.