Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off closed captioning on Apple +TV?

How do I turn off closed captioning on Apple+TV?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 2:13 AM

On iPad, you can turn off closed captioning for the currently playing video in the subtitles menu of the on-screen overlay controller. One of the subtitle language options will be “Off”.

You can turn off closed captioning as default for future videos in Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles & Captioning﹥Closed Captions + SDH﹥On|Off.

Display subtitles and captions for videos on iPad - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 2:13 AM in response to StreamerinSpokane

On iPad, you can turn off closed captioning for the currently playing video in the subtitles menu of the on-screen overlay controller. One of the subtitle language options will be “Off”.

You can turn off closed captioning as default for future videos in Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles & Captioning﹥Closed Captions + SDH﹥On|Off.

Display subtitles and captions for videos on iPad - Apple Support

Dec 7, 2021 3:46 PM in response to PFK068

On third party devices, the Apple TV app will follow device settings for that (if possible/enabled through the OS), or else you may find it in Accessibility Settings in the Apple TV app.

Additionally you may turn closed captioning on|off during playback from the Subtitles/Audio pane.

Turn on Closed Captions and SDH (if available) [as default] - Apple Support

Turn on subtitles and closed captioning (if available) [during playback] - Apple Support

Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and other third party streaming devices - Apple Support

How do I turn off closed captioning on Apple +TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.