I need closed captioning. How do I get it on Apple TV?

How do I get closed captioning while watching Apple TV

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 7:06 PM

You may set a default for CC in Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Closed Captions and SDH﹥On, for videos that have CC included in their stream.

You may set or change CC in a currently playing video through the Subtitles menu in the overlay, again for videos that have CC included in their stream. Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Users are advised to keep their devices up to date, for best support, features, fixes, performance, and stability. We’re on tvOS 16.5 now.

How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 7:06 PM in response to Lucasd329

You may set a default for CC in Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Closed Captions and SDH﹥On, for videos that have CC included in their stream.

You may set or change CC in a currently playing video through the Subtitles menu in the overlay, again for videos that have CC included in their stream. Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Users are advised to keep their devices up to date, for best support, features, fixes, performance, and stability. We’re on tvOS 16.5 now.

How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

I need closed captioning. How do I get it on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.