You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using MS Office Apps with a M1 chip

I have just upgraded to a new MacBook Pro with M1 chip. Suddenly I am no longer able yo use my MS Office Apps using my school account: “Your account doesn’t allow editing on a Mac. To learn more, contact your admin about your Office Plan.”

No such message on my old MacBook, and of course no plans for the school to upgrade. Does owning the M1 mean I either accept a significant functionality loss or fork out for my own MS Office subscription?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 12:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 9:33 AM

MimsFamily wrote:

@sakilo, did you ever get a resolution to this other than getting punted to microsoft's home page?

You need to contact your product school account manager/admin or Microsoft. Neither Office nor the admin controls placed on the school account fall within anyone else's area of responsibility.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2021 9:33 AM in response to MimsFamily

MimsFamily wrote:

@sakilo, did you ever get a resolution to this other than getting punted to microsoft's home page?

You need to contact your product school account manager/admin or Microsoft. Neither Office nor the admin controls placed on the school account fall within anyone else's area of responsibility.

Dec 15, 2021 3:43 PM in response to sakilo

After spending ages going through all trouble shooting options, signing out of and back into my office account WITHIN the MS Office apps (rather than the browser window) on the new device fixed it. There was no issue with the account in the first place, the error message was misleading and unhelpful.

Using MS Office Apps with a M1 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.